The most successful people are life-long learners.
Zig Ziglar said, "Life is a classroom. Only those who are willing to be lifelong learners will move to the head of the class." Or maybe Einstein got it right when he said, "Once you stop learning, you start dying." Either way, Talent Development is about helping people improve their careers and lives through learning.
Talent Development can be many things but at the core it involves acquiring and applying new skills and knowledge through structured curriculum, exploratory learning, hands-on training, experiential education, or mentoring.
Doran has experience at all points in the Canadian education pathway, including K to 12, to post-secondary, to graduate school, to professional development, to business education, to executive training, and to senior’s & adult education. Doran understands what education means at each stage of a learner’s life and how to tap into different learning modes and teaching styles. Doran Strategic Consulting can help you with your Talent Development goals in four main ways:
- Curriculum Development: establishing learning objectives; working with provincial curriculum guidelines; developing, marketing & promoting new curriculum; creating innovative content; developing teaching tools & plans; and training teachers on new curriculum delivery.
- Educational Program Design: developing courses, workshops, and training programs for any age group, target student, or professional; including curriculum delivery plans, teaching tools, and program evaluation.
- Teaching and Workshop Facilitation: providing workshop facilitation; teaching curriculum via educational programs in the classroom, office setting, public spaces, or online.
- Acquiring Funding to Support Talent Development: determining funding options; accessing funding for human resources development; developing a funding strategy; grant writing; and securing other supporters.
Doran Strategic Consulting is especially skilled and experienced in Talent Development in the following areas:
- Innovation Literacy: skills and knowledge development regarding the research, innovation and commercialization continuum.
- Start-up & Business Skills: mentoring and courses that teach practical skills needed by entrepreneurs of any experience level.
- Science and Technology: pure and applied science principals; the history of science and technology; and the impact of science and technology on society.
- Project Development & Management: the skills needed to design effective programs and manage complex projects.
- Gamification of Learning: using game design in the delivery of curriculum to achieve learning outcomes in a fun and engaging way.
Key Words: skills and knowledge development; curriculum development; training programs; courses; workshops; professional & human resources development; experiential education; innovation literacy; business skills development; mentoring.
- CS24: Georgian College-FSC: Digital Transformation Project
- CS21: 1st Canadian Global Impact Competition
- CS17: OCE Connections Program
- CS16: The Bigger Picture Series
- CS15: Simcoe County District School Board (SCDSB) – 2018 Co-op Curriculum Roll-out
- CS14: St Lawrence College – Low-Carbon Building Skills Programs
- C13: Pitch It / Start-up Royale
- C12: The Elevator Project
- C11: B-Corp Bootcamp
- CS10: The Rhyze Project
- CS9: Competitive Smart Manufacturing Program
- CS8: Georgian College—SMEs On-Track